August 02, 2013

splish splash, I was taking a bath


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Brisk winds whipped up some heavy surf at Rodeo Beach on Wednesday. I need to ask my surfer-dude buddy about this, but apparently gnarly waves like this are not conducive to a pleasurable surfing experience, as not one surfer was in the water--where there normally might be a dozen or more.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

So, a surfer's loss is a photographer's gain. And yes, I DID get my feet wet.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Yeah, those waves can be sneaky. You've got to watch out for those bubbles.


CLICK for 40 photos on what I call my "big site"; photoarrow.com.

CLICK for "Photographing Marin County"; 44 recent images of Marin.

1 comment:

Nancy Ewart said...

Today's banner is stunning- iridescent orange and red against the purple. Magnificent!

 
under construction