November 30, 2012

I call it Kinney Creek


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh, you know how we humans are--we attach names to everything...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And even though it is only a figment of my imagination, I thought my favorite "occasional" creek on my beloved Mount Tamalpais needed a name.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh don't worry--I won't be putting up signs, and I've scrapped plans for selling tickets. I'd even send you a map if you really wanted to find her.

But in checking on the web, I see that there are a few other "Kinney Creeks" in this world. One in Oregon near Detroit Lake, one in Colorado, another in Michigan, and lo-and-behold there is even a Kinney Creek Brewery in Minnesota. So very sad that I had to give up drinking so many years ago.


CLICK for new slideshow on my "BIG" photo website.

2 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

It'd be funny to see you make a little sign, stick it in the ground next to the creek and take a picture of it.

photowannabe said...

I think Kinney Creek is perfect. Its your place for fab. photos so why not?

 
under construction