August 17, 2011

waiting for sunrise


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

You may already know my favorite time of day is just prior to sunrise when the sky may or may not, depending on conditions, show some peachy colors.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I shot five exposures and then stitched them together in a panorama with one of the automated features in Photoshop. Of course a such a small JPEG here doesn't show off the bigness of the actual scene--but printing large, long and skinny prints is on my to-do list.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This is my new trick of throwing the sun way out of focus so that it renders larger than it actually is. (Okay, I'll admit that I am easily amused)

So sleepyhead, see why I get out of bed early? It's the start of a new day--time to catch some rays...



CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

1 comment:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

After so many years (decades) of rising at 4:30 am to be at the institution for work each day, I am unable to get out of bed early anymore. I feel I need some payback.

 
under construction