April 01, 2010

Castro District, part 2


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm not exactly sure of the message the person with the bright-red nail polish was trying to convey, but the result did catch my eye.   Snap.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

A sight like this in San Francisco, on Market Street just down from Castro, is certainly not uncommon, and I usually see no real value in capturing candid shots of despair, but this little tableau really stunned me in a most bothering sort of way.   She was snoring softly.   The pigeon was eyeing the cat kibble.   I need to go back, find her, and give her some money.   Just so sad...

There is just something dead wrong with a former teacher ending up on the cold and hard streets.   I blame that Buffoon, Arnold "The Terminator" Schwartzenegger -- the man who was supposed to rescue us from the previous Buffoon (Gray Davis).   We can also put a good deal of the blame on San Francisco's Mayor, Gavin Newsom, who seems to be a unique hybrid of Buffoon and A**hole.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And gosh, you don't think I would go to the Castro District and not come home with a few photos like this, do you?   This blog is supposed to be rated G, so I'm afraid I'd better not show you some others.

But I finally figured out how to make an "animated gif" using PhotoshopCS3 -- even realizing that the effect is rather obnoxious.   Oh, I couldn't restrain myself...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

6 comments:

larry young said...

My daughter sent me this link around a month ago and I have been savoring it ever since. I hope you can catch up with that homeless teacher again...touching. Send her my love, too!
Larry

larry young said...

BTW, she probably would have preferred to see you use the correct spelling of "buffoon". :)

AphotoAday said...

HI LARRY - I appreciate the correction. Actually I shoud go find the exact meaning of "buffoon" if I'm going to be tossing it around so freely. --Oh darn, I wish I still had my Dictionary of American Slang -- I gave it to someone a few years ago in a gag-gift exchange. I bet I probably could have come up with a word even better than buffoon...

photowannabe said...

The first pic. is so sad. I hope you can find her and get her story.
The other comments (:0)

Civic Center said...

That animated GIF is obnoxious, but works perfectly with the material.

Tomate Farcie said...

I like the .gif. Probably won't come as surprise ;)

 
under construction