June 27, 2009

people and their art


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I spent a good chunk of my life working in an art supply store (the now out of business Creative Merchandisers in San Rafael) so when I see an artist painting outdoors I always have to look and see if it's someone I used to know.   I didn't recognize this fellow, but he was definitely having a pleasant afternoon of Plein Aire painting at China Camp.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Dogs playing with frisbies and kids getting burried in the sand -- beach art for sure!



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I believe relaxation is an art that few of us ever master.   This poor fellow may be down-and-out but I think he has great technique.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh, being an old bachelor I'm certainly no expert on this type of thing, but I think this is called the art of love...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

4 comments:

Louise said...

I can't imagine how fun it would be to work at an art supply store. I'm sure I'd spend my pay on supplies (that I might or might not use!)

I need to master the art of relaxing myself.Probably will never happen. OK, I DO know how to relax. I just don't know how to do it often enough.

Oh yes, I love the spots of light in the first photo.

AphotoAday said...

THANKS LOUISE -- Yeah working at the art supply store WAS a lot of fun, on occasion, but most of the time I would just look out the door and wish I was some place -- anyplace -- else...   Dealing with artists, and especially people who THOUGHT they were artists was challenging at times.   They would always be asking for the ONE thing we either didn't carry, or were out of stock on...

And yes, the employees, even with their special discount could rack up huge bills -- then they would either quit or get fired -- a hard pill to swallow...

And you know, for the past dozen or more years my cat has been teaching me relaxation techniques -- she's the expert 'fer sure...

Best regards, Don and Kitty

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Don,
Yes indeed "Art on the beach"I like the shining of lights on the sand (art into your photograph)and the bottom pho is French "love"art but it can also be affection, who knows? Very nice selection of pho's. Thanks I love your styl, which is inspiring me too.

Creative week/weekend wishes:)

On my blog I showed the 2th part of Berlage's Art-Archtecture, come see Bye

photowannabe said...

Pure Art. I like how you have shown The Art of Living.

 
under construction