June 02, 2009

fog on Mt. Tamalpais


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

We've had no shortage of fog around here the past couple weeks.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The terrain is a barrier -- the hills put on a valiant effort to hold the fog back, but eventually lose the battle.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Fog spills over the ridge like a roaring freight train.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I had to turn this one into a black-and-white -- the fog had too much blue in it and looked like smoke.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

4 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

Happy Tues., Donald! You provide such a feast for the eye; I especially love the "Fog spills over the ridge like a roaring freight train" picture.
1) You be careful with those Molinari Delicatessen guys--they look a tad tough!
2) Excellent condiment caddies on display in earlier posts (can't remember the last time I had cinnamon toast).
3) It heartens me that you focus on patterns sometimes. I find 'em fascinating. A friend made pretty big fun of me for taking a series of pictures of the patterns formed on cut tree stumps...I think the quote was: "There's a lake right there and you're taking pictures of STUMPS?" :-) Be well, and Lily sends a woof (amplified by her satellite dish collar) to Kitty.

AphotoAday said...

HI SPARKLE PLENTY -- Always great to hear from you (I'll have to check you blog for any new wonderful weirdness)...

And it's been a long while for me with cinnamon toast too -- when I was a kid it was a rather unhealthy game of trying to load up the toast with as much butter and sugar as I could, but I was always careful not to go overboard on the cinnamon...

And who doesn't like stumps? You gotta chose your friends more carefully...

Hope your gets that very silly looking collar off very soon -- I think you said Lily was going to chew it up after this next visit to the vet...

I'm really fortunate that Kitty has never needed to go to the vet... I got her from my upstiars neighbors over a dozen years ago, but I never have been able to pin down Kitty's exact age -- a teenager for sure...

Civic Center said...

You may not consider your photos "art," but you're getting perilously close to that designation with these gorgeous fog captures. I'm curious to see what the last one looks like in color.

AphotoAday said...

THANKS MIKE -- You know, I should probably redo that shot and just remove the color from the fog and not the rest of the shot... Thanks for the idea...

And the way I see it, art is just a fun adventure...

 
under construction