May 25, 2009

down low at Roy's Redwoods


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Bugs are usually very obliging subjects...   I found this little guy while we were both crawling around the meadow at Roy's Redwoods.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm sure this plant has a more specific name, but for now I'll just call it a Daisy...   The tips of the petals turn a beautiful shade of magenta as they age.

These photos don't show size very well, but it's a small blossom, only about an inch-and-a-half across at the most.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

For you photo gear-heads, I was using extension-tubes (37mm) with the 70-200 "L" on my Canon5D, but I wish I owned a nice macro lens.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

You know, if you don't mind sacraficing one, a Daisy can an answer most any yes or no question.   When I was a kid I used to tear Daisy petals off one by one, and about half the time, when I got to the last petal, it would turn out that -- yes-- Susie Fitzsimmons did love me...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

3 comments:

Deborah Godin said...

Only 50%? I hear daisies are known for their accuracy in matter of the heart, so maybe Suzie was the fickle one...

Mindy | f-stopMarin said...

So spring-y. Light and delicate. Superb perspective from below.

AphotoAday said...

HELLO DEBORAH -- Yeah, the other part of the story is that Susie F. dumped me for an older "man" (a guy in the fifth grade)...

AND HI MINDY -- Thanks for the comment -- it's a different world down there isn't it... (I have one of those attachable angle finders for my Canon5D which makes it a little bit easier to get down low)

And by the way, EVERYBODY should check out Mindy Pines' f-StopMarin website -- there is a link in my blog sidebar.   Take a look -- if you kind of like my stuff, then you'll definitely LOVE her work!   She does incredible portraits and people shots -- wish I had her talent and obvious rapport with people...

 
under construction