April 11, 2013

southern end of Baker Beach, S.F.


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I swear, early on a Sunday morning a photographer might think he or she is going somewhere they have in mind, but depending on which particular event happens to be happening--and they happen a lot in San Francisco--plans just might need to be modified on the fly.

And so it was for me last Sunday when the annual S.F. Half Marathon was making a loop over the Golden Gate Bridge, preventing me from going anywhere near Crissy Field or Fort Mason. I ended up on the quiet trail to Baker Beach, via Lobos Creek, not far from where Ansel Adams grew up.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

More on Lobos Creek and the unofficial trail that leads to the south end of Baker Beach tomorrow, but on my arrival I was immediately struck with the uniqueness of some of the graffiti on the seawall that protects multi-million dollar homes above.  Graffiti? Yuck!  But I thought this art was pretty cool.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Some local residents were scouring the incoming waves for tiny bits of food.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Other local residents who already had a breakfast were walking spry dogs.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Meanwhile Lobos Creek was flowing into the sea. A great morning, indeed.


CLICK for 40 new photos on my "NEW" photo website.

No comments:

 
under construction