October 25, 2007

Salt Point


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney



On Sunday a buddy and I went on a little photographic expedition to Salt Point, on the rugged northern California coastline...   If you want to photograph incredible sandstone -- Salt Point is the place to go...   The waves were crashing more wildly than I have probably ever seen them...   I'll stick my head out and say that the sandstone at Salt Point is about 100 times better than the sandstone at Point Lobos...   Salt Point is remote, and it takes forever to get there -- but it is well worth a visit...


Directions to the best sandstone area:
Park at Stump Beach...   Hike down to the beach, cross the creek and look for the little path up the other side...   Go south about a quarter mile and you will feel you have arrived on Mars, --or the planet of your choice...   The display continues for another quarter of a mile to the south...   If you are anything like me, you will probably be doing a lot of ooooh'ing and aaaaaw'ing...


NEW  --  Daily-Duo has been improved -- you're now able to click on the little photos for larger images...


CLICK to visit my photographic Daily-Duo...
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat...
CLICK for latest photos taken with new Canon5D + 70-300


Your comments are invited and welcome...

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Dramatic. I especially liked the sandstone enlarged yesterday. Its amazing.

 
under construction