November 04, 2014

a vague border between Northbeach and Chinatown


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I've never worn a watch and I rarely pay attention to clocks, but I did notice that more residents of Chinatown were out earlier this past Sunday morning. Not that I don't like people--I do--but my big-bad-ass camera seems to draw a lot of inquisitive and sometimes scornful glances.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

All I have to do is point that camera at something vague. Someone is bound to ask why I'm taking pictures. Sometimes an answer is hard to come by.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The border between Northbeach and Chinatown is vague. Asians have homogeneously blended with the Italians in Northbeach, however I'm fairly certain most Italians have habituated to the idea of getting that extra hour of sleep on the day everybody sets their clock back. The Asians go shopping for vegetables and pork. Dummy-with-camera wanders around snapping.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

A very common sight in Chinatown. This photo (above) taken July 2010.
CLICK for my 2009 video; "Food In San Francisco's Chinatown"


NEWEST EDITION - Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 3
Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 2
Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 1

No comments:

 
under construction