November 01, 2014

a little hike down to Marshall Beach


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Even though my middle name is "Danger", I try my best to stay safe in treacherous places. On Thursday a young couple ignored warning signs and foolishly attempted to scale an unstable cliff at San Francisco's "Land's End", resulting in the woman slipping to her death to angry waters 300 feet below. Her male companion was rescued from the harrowing cliffs above, without serious injury.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

On Wednesday I made the trek down to Marshall Beach about one mile north of Land's End, but I used the official and well maintained trail. Oh, coming back up from this beach is always a genuine slog--a real test of endurance for an old fart like me. Nobody died.


NEWEST EDITION - Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 3
Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 2
Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 1

No comments:

 
under construction