October 21, 2014

Rodeo Beach -- new and old snaps


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

"A"photoAday might be a bit of a misnomer. As you know, I almost always post more than just one photo in these blog posts.

"Less is more" comes to mind--it is a rule of presentation, so I understand. But rules are meant to be broken! AND I want you to get your money's worth I have SO many images to show you. Otherwise, what WOULD I do with them? As it is, I have to discard about 99.5 percent of what I shoot.

I have a dear friend who once suggested that I might be showing too much of my work--that I should only show the very best. But how would I know what was good if I didn't run-it-up-the-flagpole to see-who-salutes. That is why your input is so vital to my success. The problem is that I can become personally attached to certain images. My experience of just being there can often sway my objective evaluation of my own images.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This photo [above] is not new. Snapped on January 12, 2010. I always let you know when I pull them up out of the archives.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Not a new image either. Taken on October 14, 2009 at Rodeo Beach.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

These bubbles are old also. Shot on January 14, 2010. If you look closely [hint: click on image to see full-size image] you might be able to see a multitude tiny Donald Kinneys straddling the bubbly tide pool. Note to you photographers; for best results make sure your bubbles are in the shade.


NEWEST EDITION - Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 3
Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 2
Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 1

2 comments:

Zoomie said...

I'm not going to be much help - I like them all! Did you enhance the color on the bubble picture?

AphotoAday said...

Hi Zoomie --only slightly. Those colors were there.

 
under construction