September 15, 2014

early morning down at the Gee-Gee Bridge


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I wonder if it would be terribly disrespectful to the memory of my parents if I said that I probably grew up in the most unimaginative and unadventurous family on this planet.

But I did, and that is all past history, but I often marvel at how many times, as a kid, us four Kinneys made the arduous 130 mile journey from Pacific Grove to Kentfield here in Marin County w-i-t-h-o-u-t having much fun. The mission was to "see" Grandma, and for dad that meant a dedicated effort to make it from point A to point B, and no fooling around on the way. Certainly there would be no time to stop and admire or walk on the Gee-Gee Bridge. Certainly no time to take a little excursion to the top of the pointed Mount Tamalpais, which was teasingly close to Grandma's house.

This image (above) was made December 6, and when first posted on my Facebook page I explained that, yes, the moon w-a-s in the sky and setting quickly, but just not in this specific location.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Image made on July 25 of this year. Again, oh so very early in the morning.

originally appeared on AphotoAday, December 26, 2012

No comments:

 
under construction