May 21, 2014

please forgive my slightly enlarged moon


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well, yes, I fudged a bit on the size of the moon. Now, 1) you know, and 2) my virtue is restored. The moon WAS in that exact spot, but was really small--about one-quarter the size of the moon in this scaled image.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Isn't black and white wonderful? Everything looks better in black and white--and you can quote me on that! A tip for you photographers out there -- when a color photo isn't "working" in color, it will often look a lot better as a black and white.


Photographing Marin County - the exhibit - the book       


1 comment:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

So true about rescuing a color image by turning it into black & white.

 
under construction