May 08, 2014

more of our flighted friends


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I suppose that for some creatures, like this Turkey Hawk--with civilization somewhat distant--each day is just another day in the old wild west.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Not a new image ^^^ taken April 2010
I feel badly when I spook an animal--that's not the way I like to get my shots--but sometimes I suddenly find myself in close proximity to an animal. Two choices; 1) pick my nose.   2) snap the shutter.

Notice that with these two images today, I mixed black and white with color--something I'm not supposed to do, but I thought the coloring of that Blue Heron is so interesting that it would be even MORE of a crime to convert the image into a black and white.


Photographing Marin County - the exhibit - the book       


1 comment:

Zoomie said...

Well, you old scofflaw, you! Imagine! :-) That heron picture is amazing.

 
under construction