January 09, 2014

Rodeo Beach -- getting there is half the fun


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

A more organized photographer would consult tide and weather charts and maybe even pack a dry pair of socks, but most of the time I prefer to just arrive casually at my beloved Rodeo Beach with no formal expectations.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And besides, getting there is half the fun... Two routes will take me there...
1) Conzelman Road hugs the coast from the Golden Gate Bridge, up and over Hawk Hill, then and out to Pt. Bonita Lighthouse. From there, I just follow my nose to Rodeo Beach.
2) The old one-way dark and dank tunnel, a military remnant (above), crosses deeply under Highway-101 and Slacker Ridge. From there, I just follow my nose to Rodeo Beach.


Photographing Marin County - the exhibit and book   


No comments:

 
under construction