June 29, 2013

Cataract Falls on Mt. Tamalpais -- part 2 of 2


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Cataract Falls are probably interesting enough without me trying to transform them into something other than what they are, but here's a mirrored image--my minor attempt at something perhaps a bit artful.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Now, we have art critics and then we have technical geniuses--my good and long-time friend Jan Bell of Bell Images in Ohio qualifies for both. Jan and I keep in touch via frequent emails, and he loves photographing here in the west whenever his good wife lets him off his leash. Anyway, I'm SURE Jan would complain about the color of these falls. "What is that yucky brown color" he might say, opening up a sparring match between us about what color waterfalls are supposed to be. Actually, the brownish tinge comes from silt in the water, washed down from eroding earth on upstream slopes.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm fairly certain Jan would want to render these images as black-and-whites if he had been doing the shooting. "B-and-w" is all-the-rage these days--interesting, I think, how old techniques resurface, becoming popular again.


CLICK for 40 new photos on my main website; www.photoarrow.com.

CLICK for preview of my exhibit at Mill Valley Library during July 2013.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the artful worked! nice images!

 
under construction