March 31, 2012

below Phoenix Lake, Marin County


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Early on Thursday morning the clouds just weren't cooperating. So, with my tail between my legs I began my return trip home--when I had the brilliant idea of stopping by Phoenix Lake, a gem of an area behind the upscale but sleepy town of Ross.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Below the dam, the creek regains some of it's original flavor.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Stream-side shaded trees stay snuggled in mossy coats of green.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Eventually I noticed that the forest was becoming illuminated. Thursday actually turned out to be a rather pleasant day, indeed.


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

No comments:

 
under construction