March 27, 2012

below Alpine Dam, Mount Tamalpais


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Right out west of Fairfax is the beginnings of my beloved Mount Tamalpais. And the nice thing about it is that EVERYONE loves Mount Tamalpais--it's where we recreate.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And it's finally flowing... Over 20 tributaries feed into the Lagunitas Creek, and although the creek has to make it's way through another large reservoir, Kent Lake, I suppose Alpine Dam is the official beginning of my beloved Lagunitas.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And this is the amazing Mt. "Tam".   Evidently, doing a duet with herself.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

left: After a heavy rain the ferns perk up, while moss turns a lively green.

right: Just downstream from Alpine Dam is a much shorter man-made dam.


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

2 comments:

Shane Kent Louis said...

Hello there!

Another batch of magnificent photos. You're always able to turn simple subjects to a splendid one! Job well done. :D

Hugs!
Shane


Dog Fence

AphotoAday said...

Thanks, Shane, I really appreciate the input. I have a lot of fun with it.

 
under construction