May 26, 2010

Inverness, along the road to Point Reyes


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Monday morning I found myself more-or-less in Inverness, along the road to Point Reyes. That's the silhouette of Elephant Mountain (((often called Black Mountain))) through the trees.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Let me see, I might need a compass, but this is is a view from Downtown Inverness, looking north-east across the long finger of Tomales Bay -- the thin blue line in the photo -- along the road to Point Reyes.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Some people probably dream of waterfront property. Great location if you have some sort of boat -- it's along the road to Point Reyes.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I've shown photos of this Dacha before -- CLICK and CLICK -- and I'll undoubtedly be showing you more in the future, but I snagged this shot (((above))) on Monday. I think the Dacha and the landscape offer a whole lot of peace and tranquility -- all easily obtainable along the road to Point Reyes.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

7 comments:

Mulleh said...

Beautiful! really want to go there!

Emmy said...

Breath-taking! I agree with Mulleh; I want to go there too!

Chris said...

I never thought of shooting through something to a subject behind. You've given me a new technique to try!

PS Can't wait to see tomorrow's photos.

photowannabe said...

Picture perfect postcards Don!!

m e l i g r o s a said...

so beautiful!
that last image reminds of that one scene in dirty harry, near the refinery :D

xxo.m

perdana_yohanda said...

Wow.. Cool...

perdana_yohanda said...

wow..

 
under construction