March 25, 2010

more California Poppies


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I thought nobody would object if I spent two days on California Poppies -- just like the Douglas Iris, I thought they deserved an encore.

So Whoopie!

LET'S CELEBRATE
Make sure your sound isn't turned way up, then
mouse-over keys.   Click to repeat three times.
Drag keys to the right to form combinations.




I think it'd be great fun if you drove your co-workers nuts this morning by playing these sound effects, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

After I used the Poppy shot on Tuesday I realized that I didn't have any other suitable Poppy shots to go with it, So, I thought I had better scurry out to one of my favorite Poppy snapping locations in West Marin County.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Look closely.   I got a pretty good focus on the little creature, so if you click on the image for a larger photo and you may be able to see the legs of the little bugger.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the first picture very much!
The 3 shot aswell, with the insect on it!

Keep it up! Love your photos!

Anonymous said...

I love this poppy. I live in louisiana and when I was younger my grandma had red and pink poppies in her yard. Reminds me of good times. I set this as my background.

photowannabe said...

Awesome picture of the insect and the smoothe petals of the poppies.
After seeing your shots I had to go back to my archives and post several poppies too. Enjoy.

 
under construction