September 16, 2009

hand of Buddha


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Continuing my Asian Art Museum series of which I know absolutely nothing about:

Oh, I know there's a lot in the Bible written about "the hand of God, so I'm going to assume "the hand of Buddha" has a similar importance in Buddhism.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Even a Godless miscreant like me can find great beauty in a painting like this.   It's huge, inside the Catholic Church at Tomales, California.   Heaven knows what it signifies...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And still she doesn't look a day over 30...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Very trusting of her -- to let me walk into her church, totally uninvited, and totally alone -- to snap photos of all sorts of interesting things, including her likeness.

When I was leaving I almost expected to be struck down by a bolt-of-lightning or turned into a pillar-of-salt -- oh I don't know why, or maybe I do...

CLICK for more of my West Marin County set on my "big" site.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

No comments:

 
under construction