April 20, 2014

colorful reflections in Lagunitas Creek


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well, I suppose it is colorful, but I haven't decided if I like this particular image or not. Just seems a bit too busy--I guess I'll just have to return and shoot it again, like I have a million times before.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And if my opinion counts, I like this one a bit better. But yeah, I had better get back out to the creek and make sure something more dramatic or colorful isn't lurking. Still no sight of the elusive Coho Salmon...

For you photographers curious about my technique, I've found that it is best if the creek is shaded, with morning sun illuminating a bit of the surrounding trees and vegetation. My best attempts seem to come in the morning, with the position of the sun behind the camera.


Lagunitas Creek, [the book] by Donald Kinney       

Photographing Marin County - the exhibit and book       


2 comments:

Zoomie said...

For what it's worth, I like the second one better, too. It shows the muscular power of moving water as well as the beauty.

AphotoAday said...

Thanks for the input on that, ZOOMIE… I don't spend a lot of time doting over my images, but it often takes me a while to warm up to them. I often will make my decisions a bit "blurry-brained", at 4 or 5 in the morning.

 
under construction