November 30, 2013

Stanford University -- a rather brilliant place


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm guessing that a lot of Bay Area residents have never stepped foot on the Stanford campus, but I've taken two night-classes there in recent years and it was a very exceptional experience. This (above) is the archway over the entrance to the Thomas Welton Stanford Art Gallery, but of course the more prestigious art gallery on campus is the Cantor Center for the Arts. The cast and carved stonework on the older buildings is absolutely fabulous.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The fountain out in front of the Hoover Tower is a real trip, as you can see. Checking the web I see that there is a total of 25 fountains on the sprawling Stanford campus--so far I've only found a few.


 


1 comment:

cath said...

Very nice post!
Thanks & Welcome for your comment and your next visit to my blogs.
Have a nice day! Cath.

 
under construction