November 12, 2013

high on a cliff overlooking Rodeo Beach


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I've been having great fun recently with my very dark 8-stop "neutral density" filter, allowing me to slow time down to a crawl. This was a 6 second exposure at f-14, ISO-100. Lots can happens in 6 seconds, but that tiny speck of a bird on top of that tall rock remained in place. S--n--a--p.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Rodeo Beach is part of our huge, wonderful, and incredibly beautiful Golden Gate National Recreation Area, but as fate would have it, the damn Feds are "in charge" here and they have a list of regulations a mile long.

To my dismay the Federal government was responsible for cutting down every single pine tree on top of nearby Hawk Hill two years ago. Now they are preparing to mess with the off-leash dog regulations on Rodeo Beach. Perhaps what the Feds need, more than abusive regulations about dogs, is their fair dose of Federal Sequestration.  I am angry?  Well, yes I am!


                            "Photographing Marin County"

1 comment:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

I like the header photo especially.

 
under construction