October 02, 2011

Hey folks, I'm on vacation! See you on the 17th.

notice: this blog and Don will be on VACATION October 3 through the 16th!


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

As you may know, my little lover, Kitty, passed away 2 or 3 months ago, and although I've had to deal with death in my family before, Kitty's passing has been an exceptionally difficult pill to swallow.

But now, without "daddy" duties that have kept me close to home I am able to roam--and it's been years since I've actually travelled any distance--so I'm taking off. I think I'll visit part of the Gold Rush Country first, but then head over to eastern California to the old ghost town of Bodie, then do a whole lot of spooking and snooping around in the Owens Valley, Death Valley, the Mojave Desert, and where ever else strikes my fancy.



click photo for slightly larger image
photo by Donald Kinney

My greatest fear is that during this break you are going to forget about this humble blog, so PLEASE make a note to come back on October 17 and find out what kind of trouble I managed to get into on my adventure.

And during that time, if so inspired, please feel free to fall-by my NEWLY REVISED website and see the changes I've just finished making. What I've been calling my "big" site has been substantially downsized and refined. I've reduced the number of sets from 30 to 20, and now each set only has 15 images--not multiple pages. The process of paring down the images was painful but I think Photoarrow.com is now edited down to a much more digestible form.

For 14 more like the Lagunitas Creek photo above, I encourage you to visit: http://www.photoarrow.com/981lagunitascreek.html



click photo for slightly larger image
photo by Donald Kinney

For 14 more like the California Coast photo above, I encourage you to visit: http://www.photoarrow.com/831californiacoast.html



click photo for slightly larger image
photo by Donald Kinney

For 14 more like the China Camp photo above, I encourage you to visit: http://www.photoarrow.com/841chinacamp.html



click photo for slightly larger image
photo by Donald Kinney

For 14 more like the California Missions photo above, I encourage you to visit: http://www.photoarrow.com/201californiamissions.html



click photo for slightly larger image
photo by Donald Kinney

For 14 more like the Wild San Francisco photo above, I encourage you to visit: http://www.photoarrow.com/151wildsanfrancisco.html


Remember, folks, I'll be back with a plethora of new photos from my vacation adventures, so PLEASE circle October 17 on your calendar.
Hasta la vista...

5 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

You will be in about my favorite area of California...the eastern side of the Sierra. I look forward to the images you bring home. Have a great time and many happy miles.

Tomate Farcie said...

Awww... there was no need to pare down!! :)

You enjoy your well deserved vacation and don't worry, we'll still be around when you get back.

Anonymous said...

No worries I won't forget! Have fun on your vacation it's well deserved!

photowannabe said...

I just love all the places you are going to wander about. Enjoy every minute and you should know you won't be forgotten.
Can't wait to see your beauties when you return.

Team Tabby said...

What a nice tribute to a beautiful kitty and loved companion. Enjoy your travels where ever they take you.

 
under construction