February 19, 2011

China Camp - in the rain


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

A guy like me needs "heaping-helpings" of solitude -- and one place I can find it is at my beloved China Camp.

That's a duck-blind in the center of the photo -- and being part duck myself, I strongly disapprove of the sport(?) of hunting.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

These are the tidal lands of San Pablo Bay, which is the northern "thumb" of San Francisco Bay.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh yeah, did I mention it was raining?



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

We had almost no rain in January -- delightful weather in fact -- many trees decided to get on with the business of blossoming a bit early.   Unfortunately we're getting more rain now and the temperature is decidedly chilly.   But yeah, Spring (and taxes) is right around the corner.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

2 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Imaginative image of the rain on your windshield. Well done.

AphotoAday said...

Thanks SINBAD'S DAD -- yeah, I've been wanting to shoot a photo through my rain-covered windshield since seeing other photos like that. Problem is that it never rains in Sunny California (((yuck, yuck))).
Snow on Mount Tamalpais this morning! Now, that IS a rarity.

 
under construction