January 04, 2008

more Legion of Honor, S.F.


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney


Well, I was afraid someone was going to ask for the details on these paintings and sculptures from the Legion of Honor and DeYoung Museum -- and Sean did ask -- so I've filled in a few details for the artworks that I have information on...   (I decided to shoot the nameplates when I was about half-way into the project)
Anyway, I don't have any information on the top painting,
but this is the nameplate info on the lower painting:

Baron Francois-Pascal-Simon Gerard
French, 1770-1837
La Comtesse de Morel-Vinde and Her Daughter, 1799
Oil on canvas
Museum Purchase, Mildred Anna Williams Collection
and William H. Noble Bequest Fund,
the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
1979.8




CLICK to visit the now clickable Daily-Duo...
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat...


Your comments are invited and welcome...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL AGAIN

AphotoAday said...

Thanks Evlahos...

You probably noticed that I've added some nameplate information to some of the photos -- but I did a very incomplete job, as my visit to the museum was on the spur of the moment...   I need to go back -- preferably when there isn't too many people in the museum...

Sean said...

Thanks for the info.

photowannabe said...

Great job of capturing the paintings. I can almost feel the textures of them.

 
under construction