October 06, 2007

cloud + Mount Tamalpais


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney
I spotted some interesting clouds coming over Thursday afternoon, so I buzzed over to China Camp to get a good vantage point of Mt. Tamalpais and the clouds...

I sure could have used one, but for some reason I still don't have a polarizer, so I really had to fiddle around in Photoshop to generate a bit of contrast and color...   I was shooting pretty much right into the sun, so I got a bit of a lens flare at the top of the picture, but I think I was able to clone it out pretty successfully...   I boosted the saturation overall a bit, which brought out the yellow in the background clouds -- I didn't discover those yellow clouds until I started fooling around...



NEW  --  Daily-Duo has been improved -- you're now able to click on the little photos for larger images...


CLICK to visit my photographic Daily-Duo...
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat...
CLICK for latest photos taken with new Canon5D + 70-300


Your comments are invited and welcome...

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Spectacular Don. The clouds here on Friday were very different too. What you did with all your fiddling work out to make a one of a kind photo.
I probably won't be posting until tomorrow night. We have a big weekend going on.
Have a super weekend yourself.

 
under construction