June 21, 2007

foggy trees


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

On Tuesday I noticed a huge fog bank advancing over Mount Tamalpais, so knowing that this might be a good opportunity for some fog shots, I went up to what is usually the foggiest place on the mountain...   The trees were dripping -- almost like rain -- and it was kind of a struggle to keep my new camera (Canon5D with 70-300 zoom) dry, but I think I was rewarded with some fairly good shots...


CLICK to visit my photographic Daily-Duo...
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat...


Your comments are invited and welcome...

3 comments:

Anna said...

The feeling here in these shots is so solemn and quiet. That top one is spectacular!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

beautiful...the last time i saw a fog so dreamy was when i was in Shimla, a hill station nestled in Himalayas in India...

jeremyDP said...

these photos are beautiful, it gives an impress of mystery (it reminds me a kind of "gorillas in the mist" atmosphere).

 
under construction