March 20, 2014

all in the way we look at it


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Spelling "dog" backwards we get "god".
But in spelling "art" backwards all we get is "tra".



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney  

Well, I was young and it could have been the very first piece of "modern art" I had ever seen. This was the modern art exhibit at the 1962 World's Fair in Seattle. Hanging there was a huge canvas painted entirely with black. Oh, there were tones of black that varied just slightly--in a grid pattern as I remember. And I also remember remarking that; "hey, I could have done that"... Problem is, that I hadn't.


Lagunitas Creek, [the book] by Donald Kinney       

Photographing Marin County - the exhibit and book       


No comments:

 
under construction